- Discover how the bond market became the biggest, most complex market in the world and how it serves a vital public service.
- Describe how yields facilitate comparison across the vast diversity of the bond market.
- Describe how government bond yields are a yardstick by which all other investments are measured.
- Describe how bond markets instill discipline in governments around the world.
- Discover why, when, and how central banks make interest rate decisions.
- Explore how bond valuation is driven by creditworthiness, inflation, and central bank interest rates.
- Describe the importance of the yield curve to businesses and consumers around the world.
- Interpret the meaning of the four major shifts in the yield curve and the meaning of curve inversion.